The trip started in Boston, a city I had only ever visited once before. While the city itself was a little more quaint than others I had traveled to more often, it was really lovely. The weather was near perfect that day so walking along the pier felt almost Spring-like. Quincy market was filled with cute shops including a comic store which sold items from Out of Print Clothing, a brand most people know I love.
After Boston I headed down to Connecticut to see family. This, sadly, was a little more mixed emotionally due to a sudden family emergency, but the good times were extra good. Once again, we enjoyed a nice dinner with an even better dessert (deep fried cheesecake). After dinner everyone settled in at my aunt's house to watch recently re-discovered family videos. Once we skipped past all of the awkward school plays, the footage brought back many memories which left us laughing together.
Overall, the trip was better than I could have expected. Ended the long weekend with family movies seemed extra perfect. I was able to reminisce about great times from when I was a kid while seeing how far I have come. I am still nervous about this big step, but once I realized how many big steps I have been through over the years it seems a little more okay. I know it will all be okay in the end, and no matter what happens I have a family I am proud to call mine and who would gladly support me no matter what journey I chose to take.
No comments:
Post a Comment